Blogging is one of those things I do for enjoyment, and it keeps me grounded in the present moment. Writing is a way for me to deepen my understanding of my struggles and strengths. It helps me to find clarity, acceptance, joy, and peace, and is a way to practice the kind of mindfulness that Thich Nhat Hahn describes in this quote below:
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Bessy of Happy Eating Happy Living. Thank you Bessy! It has been so wonderful getting to know other like-minded people through this blog. My main purpose for this blog is to present mental health topics in a compassionate and balanced manner, and also to focus on mindfulness practices as a way to enhance one’s well-being.
And here are the answers to Bessy’s questions for me. Make sure to check out my nominees below:
- If you had a magic stick and you could change one thing in the world, what would that be? Because the focus of my blog is mental health and well-being, first and foremost I would want to find cures to help people recover from any mental illnesses that rob them of their quality of life. And of course, as Miss America would say – World Peace :).
- What’s your best character trait and your worst? My best trait would be my resilience and ability to handle the big things in life. My worst trait would be my self-doubt about my ability to handle the little things in life.
- If you had the choice: take a pill that would cover all your nutritional needs or carry on eating for your nutrition, what would you choose? I enjoy food and it has served several important purposes in my life, so I would like to keep on eating.
- You hop on a plane and you go where? I usually end up flying to the east coast, but where I would really like to go is Italy.
- Gut feeling or thorough thinking? I have always relied on my gut feeling. I am now realizing that because of the way I grew up, I need to examine my thinking more before I react, to make sure it is accurate.
- Ice-cream or cookie? I love cookies and can live without ice cream, unless of course, it is cookies and cream ice cream.
- Instant gratification or planned pleasure? I am somewhere in between. Too much planning makes me anxious and so does too much spontaneity.
- Which is your favorite ancient civilization? Egypt because women were considered to be totally equal to men and were highly regarded during that time.
- What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done? Getting a divorce after 30 years of marriage.
- What is your biggest success so far? Overcoming my eating disorder and not letting my anxiety stand in the way of achieving my professional and personal goals.
- If you could give one message to the whole world what would you say? I would like people to appreciate each others’ differences and learn to overcome the barriers that prevent them from working cooperatively together in our global community. And of course, strive for World Peace :).
- If you could take a pill and see all your past lives, would you do it? Probably not. I have enough excitement in this life and don’t need to re-hash the past.
The Liebster Awards are awarded to bloggers from other bloggers with less than 200 followers. When you are nominated, you then nominate 5-11 other bloggers. It’s a great way to discover new blogs.
What to do if you’ve been nominated:
- Mention the person who nominated you in your blog post, with a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions that were asked by the nominator
- It’s your turn to nominate 5 with less than 200 followers!
- Create your own 11 questions for them to answer, and let them know they’ve been nominated.
Here are my inspirational and insightful nominees:
Here are their 11 questions – stay tuned for their answers.
- What is one lesson you’ve learned in life that you want to pass on to others?
- How has blogging affected your daily life?
- Where is your happy place?
- Where is your least favorite place?
- Do you express anger inwardly or outwardly?
- Do you prefer the mountains or ocean?
- Do you learn by watching, listening, or doing?
- What historical figure would you most want to talk to if you could go back in time?
- Would you be better at doing a crossword puzzle or bowling?
- What was the last movie you watched?
- Showers or baths?